Indian Healthcare Industry
- During 2008-20, the Indian healthcare market is expected to record a CAGR (compounded annual growth rate) of 16.5 percent.
- The total industry size is expected to touch USD 280 billion by 2020.
- The Ministry of Health, development of 50 technologies has been targeted in the FY20, for the treatment of diseases like Cancer & TB.
- Government is emphasising on the eHealth intiative such as Mother & Child Tracking System (MCTS) & Facilitation Centre (MCTFC)
- Indian companies are entering into merger & acquistions with foreigh companies to drive growth & gain new markets